Thursday, July 14, 2011

Smokin trees.





Headed out to jones creek washington for some rainy day dirt biking. I decided to go with my bald 1986 tires and now I wish I hadn't . It was the most slippery trail I have ever been on. Clay mud right after a rain sucks so bad and this 600 bad boy is either on or off. Also there was a ton of pavers on the trail to stop erosion which stopped traction too. I was cruising around a turn , back end slipped out and before I knew it I slammed against a tree on the outside. Damage list... front fender , rear fender, taillight, kickstand and felt a little gun shy the rest of the day. It was a good time though. Im sore today and going to get some tires put on before the weekend. Thank you helmet.

2 comments:

  1. Been there, done that. I need to put new tires on my KLR 650. It's still on the original 1991's. Haven't hit a tree yet, but up hill traction sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Dave, It's friggin dangerous with big bore thumpers. Just put new tires on today , trying them this weekend.

    ReplyDelete